Kids Vitamins: Should you get vitamins for kids?
If you’re like me, you’ve stood endlessly staring at a shelf full of kids vitamins at the grocery store, organic vendors, or health food shop more than a time or two. More like every time you run out. Because you never can seem to find happiness in any one vitamin for kids. You have conflicting factors such as ingredients, quality, quantity, taste, and price all fighting for the most important X factor spot. You get frustrated and buy more orange juice, decide to try to feed them healthier and save the 15.00 a bottle for this trip. Then you get McDonald’s on the way home, and the vitamin guilt sets in. Its a nasty little circle.
However, current studies show that turning your back on all those kids vitamins, whatever your reasons, isn’t a bad idea. In fact you might just be saving your kids health. Consider this:
- Dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt (preferably low fat)
- Lots of fresh vegetables (green and leafy are best) and fresh fruit
- Proteins from meat, eggs and vegetable sources.
- Whole grains like barley, brown rice, oats and quinoa.
For other great suggestions on what kids should eat check out the USDA’s site, choosemyplate.gov
Majority of kids don’t eat healthy
If your children are like the majority, there are still good reasons kids vitamins should be taken to stay healthy. That’s why pediatricians often recommend a daily multi vitamin for kids or mineral supplement for any of the following:
- Kids who don’t eat regular, well-balanced whole food meals
- Picky eaters who aren’t eating enough
- Kids with medical conditions such as asthma or digestive problems, especially if they’re taking medications (make sure you consult your child’s doctor first before starting a supplement if your child is on medication)
- Super active kids who play very physical sports or run around constantly
- Kids who eat a lot of fast foods, pre-made frozen foods, and processed foods
- Kids on a strictly vegetarian diet (they may need an iron supplement), a dairy-free diet (they may need a calcium supplement), or other restricted diet
- Kids who drink a lot of carbonated sodas, which can drain vitamins and minerals from their bodies
Private Labeling Kids Vitamins
Have you ever felt so frustrated you wished you could just do it yourself? Ever feel like calling up the different manufacturers and telling them how to do it right? Well, now you can.
Private Labeling is here, and its your new best friend. Not only will it let you have your healthy cake and eat it too, but it might even afford you some extra income. With low minimums of only 24 bottles and a large line of in stock products including kids vitamins like our Gummy Bear Multi Vitamin, Private Labeling supplements can be as easy as buying off the shelf.
Give us a call today to get started, 888-718-4826